Community Forum: Meal Planning Made Easy!
In last month’s survey – we asked you what topics you want to dig in deeper on and Meal Planning was #1 – so let’s do it!
Here are some tips to start meal planning – but comment and let us know your struggles with it and your tricks to making it easier!
- Create a list of the meals your families loves – use this as a starter
- Create a Pinterest Board for Recipes You Want To Try – this way – every time you see one of those amazing videos on Facebook – you can go right then and there and save it for later! Here’s a link to my meal planning board of ideas.
- The day before you grocery shop – go to your favorites list and your Pinterest board and write down the recipes you want to make for the week.
- You can also use a white board calendar for this. I just usually email myself my plan for the week.
- Another fun idea – designate each day of the week to a specific meal type or meat. Here’s a starter list:
- Sunday – Pork
- Monday – Chicken
- Tuesday – Hamburger
- Wednesday – Slow Cooker
- Thursday – Tacos
- Friday – leftover/eat out/treat day
- Saturday - Seafood
- Look through the recipes and add anything you might need from the store to your grocery list.
- Make note of any items you can prep ahead of time. Then you’re committed more to making that recipe!
- Once you’ve gone shopping – prep anything you can. If there are vegetables that need diced or meat that needs to be broken down – do it the same day you shop so it’s ready on meal day!