Summer Travel Tips
Last month we talked to you about where you like to go on vacation – we got everything from the beach to the mountains and everything in between. But it does seem like people are of one camp or the other. You either want to be sunning or hiking!
You probably have your summer vacation spots picked out so we wanted to provide you a list of our favorite summer travel tips and hope that you can add some to the mix!
1. Pack the toys but pack them so they travel! We love this Portable Lego Kit idea and think it’s ingenious! You’ve got to have things for the kids to do – but you also don’t want a back seat full of Legos!
2. Use the Shoe! I’m always having to pack an extra pair of shoes in my suitcase and they take up so much room – but wait! USE THE SHOE! There’s empty space in that shoe! Stuff it with socks, skivvies, chargers, jewelry, etc. Don’t waste that space!
3. Roll your clothes instead of fold your clothes! NoiseCoveredInDirt.com has it down to a science. You can get a lot more in a suitcase when you roll them and it helps when you arrive at your destination since you can see your entire contents all at once!
4. Glad Press & Seal! If you’re in the car – things get spilled. But this Press & Seal stuff is amazing! I use it all the time – and how handy would it be in the car to make sure that drinks don’t get spilled. Plus you’re saving money not buying the single serve bottles at the gas station!
5. Use a pill case for medications! IHeartNaptime.net has a great idea by putting each medication she might need in a weekly pill case and labeling them. You’re not going to need a whole bottle of any of them – so these cases work great for carrying everything you need.
6. Stock up on snacks! Head to Amazon.com and get a giant assortment of snack packs. This will ensure that there’s something for everyone and last the whole trip! You’d be amazed at the selection they have. (Again – no stopping at a gas station because Jimmy wants cookies but Susie wants chips!)
7. Trash Bags! IHeartNaptime and I were sharing a brain on this one – we both pack an extra trash bag or those throw away grocery bags for my dirty laundry. Or if I’m in a hotel – I use the dry cleaning bag they provide in the closet. That way I can just pitch stuff in there every night – close it up and stuff it in the suitcase when the vacay is over!
8. Don’t forget the headphones! I recently had 4 flights in 4 days and I forgot my headphones. Luckily the Best Buy vending machine had Bluetooth headphones that would work with my new jack-less iPhone! I hated paying $30 for them knowing I could get them cheaper online but I had to have something! So don’t make the same mistake I did! Other often forgotten (by me) things: charger cords, acid reflux medication, scarf/blanket and snacks!
Now it’s your turn! Share your travel tips and hacks! Better yet – take a photo of your super smart tip and share! We might feature it on Facebook and you’ll be come internet famous! (Okay – well – you’ll get a virtual high-five from me at least.)